To Athens With Love

This is a documented "online journal" of my preparations, as well as the trip, to Athens, Greece during the Summer Olympics for a mission trip with Youth With A Mission (YWAM). This past summer has already been an awesome experience, and I know that God is going to continue to bless this trip, and He's going to work through it in more ways then possibly imaginable!!! And this is where I will share my stories and updates with you...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I'm a 20 year old college girl just trying to make her way through life and make a difference in the world, discovering God's wonders along the way..


Free Counter
Buy Xenical Online

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Hello from Greece!

Ok, I only have 7 more minutes, so this is gunna be quick! I also have to email my parents (otherwise I'd be in HUGE trouble!!!).

Things are going great, we've been here for almost two days, and the people are great!!! We're staying in a small christian church just outside of Athens, and the area is beautiful! Today we went to church together and got to worship with the Greek christians (which were not only from Greece, but also from Afganistan, Africa, Quate (sp?), and many other countries! It was awesome, and the spirit of the Lord was soooo strong there, I couldn't help but cry at times it was so overwhelming!!! These people are few and far between (there are less than 100 members in the church, and they come from all over), but their faith is still strong, to say the least!

One little fact about greece...there are 16 christian missionaries currently stationed in Greece from AROUND THE WORLD and several different orginizations, as well as 16 Mormon missionaries, and there are less than 20,000 christian believers within Greece (less than .2%!). The Greek Orthodox church is a lot like the christian church, but it lacks the personal relationship we have with the Father, and most of the churchs practices are based on tradition rather than what the Bible actually says. So that is a pretty strong battle that we are going to fight, seeing as most of the country is Greek Orthodox, and that they also control a lot of Government stuff. So there's a point to be praying about right there (dad, remember the spirit of Religiosity (spelling?)? Talk about "ouch time"!)!!!

Our group has had GREAT bonding time, and we are literally one big family now! The plane 10 hour plane flight helped with that a little bit, but mostly it's just a great group of kids and leaders, and all are fairly outgoing and fun-to-be-with! :)

Also, we have been working on learning a country line dance to do in the streets of Greece, as well as two skits and two seperate puppet songs. They are great conversation starters, and they are a lot of fun to do! Maybe I can try to get someone to vidio the dance with my camera! ;)

Speaking of Camera, I got a really nice new camera before I left, and it is AWESOME!!! I've got a ton of great pictures to show everyone, and the best ones I'll put together in a presentation to show ya'll!

Ok, time to leave for now and go write my parents! I love you all, keep up the prayers (every day it becomes more evedint on how much we;ll need them!), and I'll talk to you guys all again soon I hope! God bless!!!

In Him,
<>< Christi <><

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home