To Athens With Love

This is a documented "online journal" of my preparations, as well as the trip, to Athens, Greece during the Summer Olympics for a mission trip with Youth With A Mission (YWAM). This past summer has already been an awesome experience, and I know that God is going to continue to bless this trip, and He's going to work through it in more ways then possibly imaginable!!! And this is where I will share my stories and updates with you...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I'm a 20 year old college girl just trying to make her way through life and make a difference in the world, discovering God's wonders along the way..


Free Counter
Buy Xenical Online

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Yasas! (Hello!)

Hey everyone!!! It's me again!!!


God has been doing AWESOME things!!! I can't even start to go into all the things He's been working through! One of the big ones though is called friendship evangelism. They say, "Come to Greece, make a friend!" Well, that's what we're doing! If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to ask you all to pray for a few certain people: Anastasia, Thafnie, and Emily (a group of 3 friends that I've been talking to), Katrina (a nice German lady), and I can't remember their names, but there's a good sized group of guys that we've been hanging out with that really, REALLY need to find God in their lives!

The group has been getting a lot closer, and I have been growing a LOT stronger. God has really been challenging me to overcome several of my many weaknesses, and it's very hard. One that He's actually hit me with several times on this trip is my self confidence and just being myself. It's very hard though , because I've been realizing that, for the past 10 years, I've been creating a different "me" based on what and who everyone else wants me to be. So my friends are helping me weed through all of the junk to find the gold hidden inside, and it's really starting to shine. Praise God!!!! :)

I just ask that you all continue praying for me and my team, as well as the beautiful town of Naphlio. As of yet, we have had no negative encounter with the authorities and we've been able to fully complete each program. But also, every night there seems to be growing opposition toward our group among some of the more important adults of the city. Be praying that God would continue to give us favor among the people, and wipe out those few voices that would rather wipe *US* out!

Also, pray that my mom wouldn't be too bummed when she finds out that my love for Naphlio and it's people has equaled, if not almost passed, my love for Germany. Germany will always be close, but I feel God may be calling me (and my family???) back to continue with the work we have already started. These people need God, and, whether they know it or not, they want a personal relationship with Him.

Ok, I have to go now. It's time for our morning worship, and I wouldn't miss it for the world!!! :) God bless you all, I love you, and I'm thinking about and praying for you all too!!! Thank you for your love and support!!!

In Him,

<>< Christi <><

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home